The Self-Opening Kitchen Shears from Peta are ergonomic scissors with serrated blades that are designed to cut in any position by just squeezing. They are are easier to hold and use than standard scissors making them very suitable for people with weak grip, limited hand strength or tremor issues like arthritis, osteoperosis or parkinson’s patients that have difficulty controlling utensils.
What are the features of the self-opening kitchen shears?
It is a very handy kitchen tool with a spring mechanism that reopens automatically after each cut. This unique feature reduces the closing grip pressure on the hand while the handles continue the cutting motion avoiding straining weak hands.
The large handles and finger loop will allow 4 fingers to fit to distribute the pressure of the grip reducing fatigue in the hand and making cutting easier. The scissors are suitable for both hands.
The serrations on the edge of one blade will allow for better gripping of slippery materials and will cut through paper, cardboard and packaging.
The design difference between scissors and shears is the shape and size of the handles and the length of the blades. Shears will usually have longer blades, with the bottom handle being larger to provide extra leverage and force when needed.
The safety lock can be applied to keep the scissors locked when not being used.Just squeeze the handles together for safe storage.
The Self-Opening Kitchen Shears from Peta are an useful tool for every kitchen drawer! Peta is a British manufacturer that has developped a range of adapted garden tools, kitchen knifes and utensils for people with special needs.
- Kitchen Scissors for smooth effortless cutting
- Ideal for people with limited hand strength or weak grip or tremor issues
- Large ergonomically handles will ditribute the pressure of the grip
- Serrated stainless steel blades, for precise and crisp cutting
- Spring mechanism for automatically reopening, continuing the cutting motion and reducing hand fatigue
- Safety lock to secure scissors when not in use
- Designed for right and left handed users
- Provides maximum comfort and control
- Cuts through a multitude of items: paper, cardboard and packaging
- Dimensions: L 22cm x W 3cm x H 5cm
- Handle length: 10 cm
- Blade length: 10 cm
- Unit weight: 131 gr
- Blade is made from stainless steel
- Dishwasher safe